At United, we use specially designed packing materials and professional packing techniques to protect your belongings. Standardized carton sizes provide a rigid, shift-free arrangement in the moving van. Unprinted newsprint sheets, acid-free tissue, tufted paper padding and bubble wrap are available.
- Use professional packing tape. Masking tape isn’t sturdy enough.
- Cushion the top and bottom of cartons with generous amounts of clean packing paper. Old newspaper print can rub off on some items.
- Print the word “fragile” on cartons with breakable items.
- Label cartons containing essential items with “open first.”
- Be sure to dispose of any hazardous items. Ask your United agent for a Prohibited Items list.
- Pack cartons tightly. If a carton rattles or makes noise, it can be damaged in transit. Use blankets and other soft goods to fill extra space in the cartons.
- For more detailed and helpful information on packing, ask your United agent for a copy of the booklet Doing Your Own Packing.